WELCOME! This is an interdenominational study group dedicated to the Gospel of John. If you like to explore scripture from a variety of perspectives, this group is for you. If you’d rather debate which perspective is superior, you'll probably prefer the general forums. All denominations, and non-denominations, and non-Christians, are welcome to participate in this study, and one of my goals as a group leader is to provide a fair and safe environment for discussion.
Index by Chapter: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10
Forum Search Engine: Search the forums for topics of interest.
POSTING: If you’ve never posted before, it’s pretty simple.
(1) If you see a post you would like to respond to, click “Reply” and type out your response. When you’re ready, click “Preview,” and this will give you the chance to look things over. When everything looks right to you, click “Save” and your comment should be posted. (2) If you want to add a brand-new comment to a thread of conversation, click “Add new comment,” and follow the same drill.
Please try to keep your responses on-subject. If things go too far afield, I will delete or edit posts to keep the conversation from derailing. The same is true for posts which have unacceptable content. If you have questions about what is acceptable and unacceptable, the Forum Guidelines spell things out very well.
ODDS & ENDS: If you signed up for this group but don't want to receive email every time something new is posted, follow these instructions to make the necessary adjustments to your CCEL account:
1. Click on "My account" under your screen name on right side of screen.
2. Click on tab "Notifications."
3. Click on "Administer your subscriptions."
4. Click on the square box in front of "Content type in group 'The Gospel of John."
5. Click on up/down arrow beside "Activate." This should drop down a menu.
6. Select "Deactivate."
7. Click on "Update."